Director of Music Ministries Performance Evaluation
Job Summary: Director of Music Ministries (DMM) selects, prepares and leads the music for and in worship in cooperation with pastoral staff and the Spiritual Life Committee.
- Chancel Choir – directs, recruits, plans music for, and prepares the worship music for the Chancel Choir.
- Other music ensembles – either directs or supervises the direction of children’s choirs, handbell choirs, orchestral ensembles, or seasonal ensembles as the needs arise within the congregation, or as the music for worship may demand.
- Seasonal Music – plans and coordinates seasonal music programs for Advent, Christmas, Lent, and Easter in cooperation with the Pastor and Worship Committee.
- Worship Planning – assists in worship planning, meeting regularly with the pastoral staff to assure coordination of music to themes for worship.
- Music Library – organizes and preserves the music libraries for choirs and other ensembles.
- Music Ministry Development – recruits musicians of all kinds to enhance our music ministry, encouraging the growth of participants in the music ministry as disciples of Christ, striving for and encouraging the highest ideals in music.